Based on recent happenings, It has gotten to this point where we are forced into having a compulsory alone-time otherwise known as quarantine. Recently, social events with more than 20 people have been cancelled in Nigeria, even if they weren’t, with the increasing number of cases of covid-19, we are certain you wouldn’t dare go out to socialise. While it seems you might be wallowing in boredom, here are 10 songs that can boost your energy level and make you feel new again.
• Happy by Pharell Williams: With over 600 million views, Pharrell had the world making a visual representation of what happiness represents to them. Different people from around the world did their version of ‘Happy.’ and it was the most beautiful thing that happened in 2014. You also need to replicate that happiness in 2020, regardless of anything.
“Happy” is an uptempo soul and neo-soul song on which Williams’s falsetto voice has been compared to Curtis Mayfield by critics. The song has been highly successful, peaking at No. 1 in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand.
• “Can’t Stop the feeling” by Justin Timberlake: The world is in a mess right now and you are in your feelings too, this song will definitely make everything better. Accept and embrace it because the time for staying at home shall pass and you will miss it.
It’s a contemporary-sounding tune but possesses a few nostalgic signifiers to give it a timeless sheen. I do hope this piece makes you feel like you’ve ‘got the sunshine in your pockets’.
• “Party Scatter” by Fireboy: Although it won’t happen, at least not when you are quarantined but you might as well keep reminding yourself how you will scatter party if the world doesn’t end. Fireboy’s voice is so sleek and can take you through any form of down time. Once you play the song by fireboy, it has the ability to make you feel you are at an actual party. Yes, try it! It works.
• “No more sorrow (Holy spirit)” by Majek Fashek and 2face Idibia: No doubt, Majek Fashek will lead you through prayers, declaring peace to the world because this period is the time to engage your God if you believe in any or just proclaim hope and faith.
No More Sorrow’ is a soul-lifting song in which Majek prophecies about Eldorado, a future where everyone is encouraged to live in peace and harmony. If you are a religious person, the song has lyrics which are heavily inspired by 2Baba one of the most critically acclaimed African performers of the last quarter of a century serve a message of hope to a world faced with daunting mishappenings.
• “Without a smile” by Sia (Soundtrack for the movie, Annie): A smile, even if temporary, will distract you from sadness. Let’s face it, you probably won’t be getting fully dressed to go anywhere but you have all you need and all you need is just a smile. If you are working from home and you have serious deadlines, just pick your headphones, play this song and zone out for a while.
• “Heal the world” by Michael Jackson: Everybody loves Michael Jackson, so you just know that Michael’s songs will lift your spirit. It almost seems like MJ had seen the future when he released ‘Heal the world’ because this song continues to be relevant till today. It helps you pray as well as nurse compassion and love for people around you. You will find solace in this song.